Monday, June 7, 2010

class cancelled! TO THE ZOO!

So class was cancelled today. Always amazing news, especially when the day is young and the weather is beautiful. Which is exactly what happened to me today. My teacher is still sick with what she believes to be a virus. Right after hearing this wonderful news I made the immediate plan to visit the Prague zoo. Prague's zoo was flooded in 2003(I believe) and had to be completely torn down and reconstructed, it is now the 7th best zoo in the world, and I believe it after my visit today. The zoo is never ending and the exhibits are huge.
I am not sure how many differents kinds of animals are inhabited at this zoo, but I would guess thousands. From reptiles, to birds, to rain forrest animals, Safari animals, North american animals, it went on and on. Although I am not a huge fan of the concept of zoos because the fact that these wild animals are caged for my enjoyment makes me sad, but I do enjoy being educated by seeing and reading about all the animals. This zoo actually had a lot of open air exhibits and huge spaces for each animal, which I found more comforting. However it was still sad to see some in rooms and cages.
Al in all It was a great day off from school.

lions

monkey. It looked like he had a black eye though.

Safari Zone

View of Prague from the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment